This is one of the recipes my family loves the most, and after so many requests from friends asking me to share this with them, I decided to translate it from my blog in Spanish “La Comida Que Sana” to make available for you in English. Serving an entrée at home that everyone enjoys and does not contain any kind of meat is a significant achievement for me! 🙂 We are not vegetarian, but we are always challenged to increase our consumption of veggies on a daily basis what makes this recipe one of my faves.
If you haven´t tried quinoa before, but would like to make an attempt to it, I have published my personal cooking style for the quinoa at the bottom of this page. You are welcome to use your own recipe or merely cook it following the directions on the package, nevertheless, I can tell you from my experience that the flavors added to the quinoa while cooking it, will have an impact on the final result of the patties.
One more tip before you start putting hands on. These quinoa patties go perfectly with a traditional “Pico de Gallo” Mexican salsa as a side dish. I added some avocados to it to make it a little different but avocados make an excellent combination with everything! Don´t you think?
QUINOA PATTIES RECIPE
(Make 6 medium size patties approx.)
- 3 c. of cooked quinoa at room temperature (I like to use the Organic Quinoa Tri-Color Blend)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. of fine-grain sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed.
- 1 large carrot peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 c. of chopped spinach
- 3/4 c. of bread crumbs, plus more if needed.
- 1/2 c. of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 c. of avocado oil.
- Combine the cooked quinoa, eggs & salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the chives, carrot, spinach, cheese, and garlic.
- Add the breadcrumbs, stir, and let sit 5 – 10 minutes so the crumbs can absorb some of the moisture. At this point, you should have a mixture you can easily form into six 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat, add 4 patties, if they’ll fit with some room between each, cover, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes until the bottoms are deeply browned.
- Carefully flip the patties with a spatula and cook the second sides for 7 minutes, or until golden. Remove them from the large frying pan and cool on a wire rack or over a large napkin on a bowl while you cook the remaining patties.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out the benefits of quinoa on this video: