Live food liking is an acquired taste.
After two years on this journey, my husband and I still enjoy including new salad recipes in our diet. We feel good, and our bodies are thankful for it. Certainly, It has been a long road, but it has been worth it. On this transition to a healthy lifestyle, there is something we know it is important to keep in mind: Good intentions are not enough to stay focused and persevering for a long-term.
Good intentions work as positive desires, just like unreal goals do as illusory aspirations.
So what does it take to go to the next level? It takes determination. Eating healthy is all about character; this firmness of purpose will be the key. We all know that including the right amounts of live food in our diets is the best option for our bodies; nevertheless, only a few pick this alternative as their regular practice. Some of us will understand the lesson while facing a health condition. In our situation, this is how we got that extra push to be thrown into the world of nutrition and cooking, which now I am passionate about. Some others will make their decision on their own, or based on the experience of those who are learning it the hard way.
Whatever your case is, you can make a daily resolution and realize that you have the ability to continue trying, until you overcome.
Today, I am sharing with you this avocado and pear salad recipe that will make you love live food even more. This combination of greens, with the sweetness of pears, and delightful avocados is something out of the ordinary that you won´t regret giving a try.
Avocado and Pear Salad Recipe
Ingredients for the salad:*
- 1 head red leaf or green leaf lettuce (preferably red leaf if it’s available), chopped, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup of watercress leaves finely chopped (do not use the stems)
- 3-4 ripe pears sliced and peeled
- 1-2 large avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 purple onion sliced thin (you can use less if you want)
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 pkg. goat cheese crumbles – ( You can also use almond cheese or cashew cheese)
Ingredients for the mustard vinaigrette:
- 1/3 c of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 tsp. of mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. of raw honey (You can use agave nectar or pure organic maple syrup)
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar (or balsamic vinegar )
- 1/4 tsp. of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. of pepper
Prep all the fruits and vegetables: peel and slice the pears, avocado, and onion.
Chop, wash and dry the red leaf lettuce. Do the same with the watercress leaves.
Right before serving toss all prepped ingredients together, give the homemade dressing a good shake to mix it up and toss the salad with dressing. Serve.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out the benefits of including watercress in your diet:
Checa esta receta en Español aquí.
BUY US A COFFE HERE 🙂